Why work for the Greenwood Academies Trust?
About the Trust
- Making a difference. If you really want to make a difference to the life chances of pupils then why not join an organisation that enables you to do just that?
- GAT is a well established multi academy trust and has a track record of working to help raise standards in areas of social and economic deprivation and / or educational underachievement.
- A supportive leadership and central team. GAT is led by educationalists who have significant experience in a wide range of schools with expertise in areas such as curriculum, SEND, staffing and finance. The central team provides a wide range of high quality services to academies, enabling them to focus on teaching.
- The GAT is a not-for-profit educational charity
We always prioritise our resources to achieve outstanding educational outcomes for our pupils.
- A close knit support network. With academies across the East Midlands the chance of sharing best practice and collaborative working is second to none.
We offer extensive development opportunities. We are keen to promote from within, so if you are looking for a career with real potential for progression, then GAT is the place for you.
- We ensure our staff wellbeing. All staff have access to a 24/7 confidential Employee Assistance Programme to help employees manage stress, access specialist counselling and information and feel supported.
- We support working parents. Every employee is eligible for childcare vouchers for registered childcare providers, to offset some of the costs of being a working parent. The cost of the vouchers is taken out of your wages before tax and national insurance, meaning that you make a saving on the costs of your childcare every month.
- Helping you plan for the future. Teachers joining the Trust will become a member of the
Teachers’ Pension Scheme. For support staff we adopt the Local Government Pension Scheme which is one of the most competitive in the country.
- Candidates moving from the public sector without a break in service can be reassured that
continuous service will be honoured.