Head of Sixth Form
We are looking for a high quality professional who has the highest expectations of themselves and our pupils. If you provide high quality teaching and have a natural enthusiasm for improving the life chances of our children then this could be the role for you.
MPS/UPR + TLR 1B
Required from September 2018
Closing date: 13 April 2018 at midnight
Interviews to take place w/c 23 April 2018
About the Role
We wish to recruit someone who shares our vision that through learning, pupils’ curiosity and imagination will be fired up, allowing them to become questioning individuals who are confidently able to take part in a democratic society. We are seeking to appoint a professional with excellent leadership and management skills who will contribute to the further development of our Sixth Form and the wider school.
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils aged 11-19 and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of pupils as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides pupils with the opportunity to achieve the highest of standards.
- Share and support the Trust’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for pupils’ personal and academic growth.
In recruiting for the Head of Sixth form role we are seeking the following from applicants:
- A growth mindset
- High standards of professionalism
- Record of high quality teaching including Key Stage 5
- The potential to be an exceptional leader
- Evidence of good or outstanding classroom teaching
- have excellent knowledge of all routes available to Post 16 students
Weston Favell Academy is an improving school and this summer’s GCSE results were the best in our history. In addition, our growing Sixth Form is sending ever increasing numbers of students onto prestigious universities and high quality apprenticeships as our results improve. This is the second consecutive year of significant improvement and we are confident this upward trend will continue.
It is our goal to equip young people with the qualifications, skills and characteristics that will help them to achieve their aspirations. Our motto, ‘Be Inspired’, is demonstrated throughout our curriculum. We are a supportive team, committed to ensuring that our learners fulfil their potential despite any barriers they may face. We are looking for equally passionate practitioners to join our team.
Working for the Greenwood Academies Trust you can be assured that you will be contributing to helping support our mission to enable every child to do their best. All our academies work collaboratively together to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the central team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning. As a GAT employee you will receive excellent opportunities for career progression and access to bespoke CPD from the Learning Alliance to enhance your professional growth.
Visits to our academy are warmly welcomed; please contact Jo Cosciani, PA to the Principal, on 01604 402121 or email email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
TO APPLY please email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference in your email.
WANT TO STAY INFORMED?
If you have any questions regarding a vacancy or to request a paper application form please call:
0115 748 3344