National Apprenticeship Week 2019
Ever wondered what a day in the life of one of our apprentices looks like?
Here is what Robin tells us about his day as an apprentice IT Technician:
- I start the day bright and early at 8 am.
- Teachers and support staff log tickets throughout the day; you can put your name to a ticket and then go fix the issue.
- When you start out as an apprentice, your manager or fellow colleagues shadow you and show you how to fix the issues you may need help with.
- You might be called to another site mid-way through the day and in that case, your manager or colleague will go with you to help and give advice.
- They continue to support you throughout your time as an apprentice. You also have the tools and ideas from technicians from the whole IT team who work across the Trust and academies.
Visit @GATCareers for more National Apprenticeship Week content!