Greenwood Academies Trust celebrates A Level success
Greenwood Academies Trust has celebrated A Level success across their 6 Sixth Form Academies – Kingswood Secondary Academy, Nottingham Academy, Nottingham Girls’ Academy, Stanground Academy, Weston Favell Academy and Skegness Academy.
We are incredibly proud of the excellent results, which include:
- Kingswood Secondary Academy, which achieved record numbers of A* and Distinction* grades.
- Stanground Academy, which has shown strong improvements in academic qualifications.
- Skegness Academy, where all pupils who have applied for a university place have achieved the grades necessary to do so.
- Nottingham Girls’ Academy, which has been praised by Schools Minister, Lord Agnew, for its exceptional A Level results.
- Weston Favell Academy, where the majority of pupils who have applied to university have achieved the grades necessary to do so - with many being accepted to Russell Group Universities.
- Nottingham Academy, which has seen overall improvements across the Academy, with an increase in the number of pupils obtaining both traditional A Levels and vocational qualifications.
Wayne Norrie, CEO of Greenwood Academies Trust, said:
“I am incredibly proud of the pupils and staff across the Trust and share in their excitement for these great results. As a Trust, we are committed to providing the highest quality teaching and curriculum for our pupils, and these results demonstrate the positive impact we are making in Key Stage 5 as we have previously shown to in Key Stage 4."
“I would also like to extend my congratulations and thanks to our pupils, parents, and staff who share in this success. I look forward to seeing our pupils thrive in their ongoing education and wish them all the best for their future endeavours.”
Schools Minister, Lord Agnew said:
“Congratulations to all the pupils and staff at Nottingham Girls’ Academy, and the wider team at Greenwood Academies Trust, on reaching the culmination of so much hard work. A Level results day marks the moment so many young people will make choices that can shape the rest of their lives, so whatever path they choose, every pupil at Nottingham Girls’ Academy should do so full of confidence.”